Friday, April 8, 2016

Blog Post #2 Politics and Personality


Political Personality Quiz 
As a result of the quiz, it said that I would most likely believe in a small government. It mentioned that I would want a government that keeps order but can still give the people our freedom and stay out of the way in certain situations. I feel like this is accurate because I really don't like when the government gets involved in situations where we have the right to speak our mind. For example, when someone wants to protest against a certain rule and the police get involved it creates chaos. Once violence starts emerging, that's when everything starts going corrupt and everyone blames it on the government. This test did not change my views on today's candidates because I feel strong about my beliefs.

Political Compass Quiz
According to my results, I most closely relate to Gandhi. Gandhi believed in the supreme value of the individual and I feel like I do too. Although I feel like there needs to be a government in order to keep the sanity and well-being of the society, I focus more on mental health and how the human mind works in different situations. Gandhi is considered a "liberal leftist" which is basically a form of liberalism that focuses on support and freedom for everybody. I was shocked at these results because it was actually quite accurate considering the amount of questions they asked. This test, also did not seem to change any of my opinions on the candidates for this election.

Political Typology Quiz
My results for this quiz stated that my best fit is faith and family. This sort of ties into the results of my other quizzes because of my love for a society based on the people. The results state that I fall into a group of racially diverse people that have different views but have the same big picture idea, This quiz gave me a better understanding on what views I have about the world and how it is managed. This was a great learning experience, however it still did not change my views on the political candidates this year.

I Side With Quiz
I have to say, I am completely shocked at my results. I never really watched the political debates or the campaigns, but my results say that my views match up mostly with Donald Trump. I thought for sure I would get Bernie Sanders, but he came in a very close second. I guess Donald Trump has some reliable political views other than the ones that he is infamously known for. This surprisingly still doesn't change my view on trump, however. I just feel that he gets all this social media attention and the other candidates are left actually trying to get followers through actually debating real topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment